How to Change Network Name of Linksys Extender?
- Linksys extender
- Mitchell Hope
- October 26, 2021
Linksys range extenders are one of the most trusted networking devices when it comes to accessing a flawless internet. Configuring a Linksys range extender in your home allows you to stream HD videos and play online games without any lag. But, have you wondered that how another extender with the same network name as yours is affecting the performance of your WiFi device? Probably not. It happens because all the traffic of other extender gets redirected to yours making its WiFi speed slower. So, it is always recommended to change the WiFi name of your Linksys smart extender. In this blog post, we will make you aware of the steps to change your Linksys extender’s WiFi network name.
Steps to Change Linksys Extender Network Name
During Linksys WiFi setup, the WiFi network name of your range extender is set by default. This WiFi network name acts as a wireless link between your extender and the client devices. To make sure that your extender’s SSID is easily differentiable from others, you should consider changing it.
The following step-by-step guide will help you in changing the WiFi settings of your Linksys wireless range extender:
- Plug your Linksys extender into a working power source and ensure that it is receiving a fluctuation-free power supply.
- Now, take an Ethernet cable and connect its one end to the Linksys range extender and another to your existing WiFi router. Avoid using a damaged Ethernet cable and make the connection finger-tight.
- After connecting the extender and router, switch on your computer.
- Open an internet browser and move the cursor to its address bar. Make sure that the web browser you are using is running its latest software version and is free of cache, cookies, and browsing history.
- Type http://extender.linksys.com in the address bar and press the Enter key.
- You will be prompted to enter the login credentials of your Linksys extender. So, fill in the required details.
- Click the OK button to get redirected to the web-based setup page of your Linksys extender.
- Thereafter, under the Wireless menu, select the Basic Settings option.
- Look for the wireless settings of the 2.4GHz frequency band that you want to change.
- Uncheck the check box that says Make same as router settings.
- Now, enter the WiFi network name of your choice in the Network Name (SSID) field.
Bonus Point: In order to change the Channel Width and Security Mode of your Linksys extender, go to the Extended Wireless Advanced Settings option. Change them as per the requirement. You can also enable or disable the SSID broadcast of your wireless range extender under this section.
- Execute the same steps to change the wireless network name of the 5GHz frequency band of your Linksys range extender.
- Lastly, click the Save button to apply the changes.
In this way, you can change the extended wireless network name of your Linksys extender. After saving the changes, your client devices will get disconnected from the extender. Therefore, reconnect them to your extender using the new network name (SSID).
Tips to Successfully Change Linksys Extender SSID
- Ensure that the web address you entered to access the Linksys extender setup wizard is correct.
- Do not enter the wrong login credentials to log in to your Linksys extender. Filling the incorrect login details can prevent you from changing the WiFi name of your range extender. If you’ve changed the username and password in the past, consider using the default details to log in to your range extender.
- Above all, have access to a blazing-fast internet connection during the process of changing Linksys extender’s network name.
- Do not unplug your Linksys range extender or refresh the web browser while changing the extender’s SSID. Or else, you will face issues.
The Bottom Line
Our guide to change the network name (SSID) of Linksys extender ends here. On the off chance, you come across any problem while doing so, don’t hesitate to contact our technicians. They are always standing on their toes to help you.
You might also like:-
How to Resolve Linksys Error 2123 – Easy Fixes
Can’t Connect to My Linksys Extender Settings? How to Fix?
Topmost Tips and Tricks to Boost Linksys Extender Weak Signal
A Quick Guide to Do Linksys Bridge Mode Setup
Informative Guide to Solve Linksys Extender No Internet Issue
Unable to Join WiFi Network of Linksys Extender? Let’s Fix!
Linksys Site Survey Feature: Everything You Should Know
Want to Run Linksys Speed Test? Let’s Help!
Fix Common Issues with Linksys AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Linksys Access Point Setup: Guide for Beginners
- 5 Ghz WiFi not showing up
- How To Setup
- join wifi network
- Linksys ac1200 wifi range extender
- Linksys Access Point Setup
- Linksys bridge mode
- Linksys extender
- Linksys extender lights
- linksys extender no internet
- linksys extender setup
- Linksys range extender
- Linksys Router
- linksys site survey
- Linksys Speed Test
- Linksys Velop Setup
- Model Specific Issues
- New Linksys Range Extender
- password not working
- Routerlogin Net
- Troubleshooting Tips
- WiFi Extender