192.168.188.1 Admin Login IP
Given, like millions out there, you are using the internet, then you are most likely to have a router set up at home. It could belong to a wireless router of any brand. For you to tweak the router network settings, it is important to access the router with the assistance of the 192.168.188.1 IP address.
Even if your device was configured by a professional, there might still be a need to use the IP if something gets messed up. With that said, knowing about how to log in the router using the IP will come handy. Continue reading to learn about the same.
How Accessing 192.168.188.1 is Possible?
- First of all, you need to have access to a computer which is connected to the network of the router. Once you do, open an internet or web browser on it.
- In case both these things are already being used by you, then get started with the process by opening a new tab in internet browser in use.
- Access the address bar, also known as the URL field and enter 192.168.188.1. Press the Enter key on your keyboard to proceed.
What Comes Next?
- You will soon find yourself on the login window. It will come with two fields: username and password. As per the name of the field, you need to enter the details.
- For most routers, the username is admin and password is password. But, the admin login credentials can vary depending on the device you are using.
- After entering the details, click the Login button and access the main dashboard. If you are using a Linksys router, you will land on the Linksys router setup page.
How to Tweak Router SSID via 192.168.188.1?
Masking the network name or SSID of the WiFi router is the first step to enhancing the security of your network. The following steps will guide you to change the SSID:
- Log in using the 192.168.188.1 IP address and admin login credentials.
- Go to the General Settings menu and select the Wireless option.
- Soon the Wireless Settings page will come into view.
- Under the SSID or Network Name field, enter the current WiFi name.
- Once done, enter the new network name you want your device to have.
- Save your changes by clicking the Save button.
You will successfully be able to change the SSID, also known as the network name of the wireless device using its default IP address.
What Caused Router IP Not Working Issue?
Did you fail to change the SSID of your networking device because the IP address stopped working for you? It could be because of these reasons:
- Incorrect IP has been used
- Internet browser is outdated
- WiFi connection is unstable
- Address bar has not be used
- Usage of cache-filled browser
For getting the issue at hand troubleshot, you need to implement the topmost solutions mentioned in the following section on this page.
What to Do to Fix 192.168.188.1 Not Working Issue?
The troubleshooting process can be commenced if you put the right IP address to use. It is recommended that you access the IP address that is of your router only. For example, if you are the owner of a Linksys wireless router, then the correct Linksys router login IP is 192.168.1.1. Thus, using 192.168.188.1 will not work for you. Apart with this, see to it that the address does not have any typing errors.
Go to the Settings or More Tools option of your internet browser and check whether an update is available. In case they are, then it is recommended you waste no more time to upgrade the web browser to the latest version. Now, check whether if you are able to go about the login process using the router IP in a hassle-free manner. By any chance, if you still cannot, then put the private window to use now.
Along with putting an upgraded browser to use, having access to a cache-free one also holds significance. Check whether your browser is accumulated with cache, cookies, and browsing history. In case it is, do not think twice before attempting to clean it. For your information, the process to make every cache-filled internet browser is not the same. It will depend on the browser which you are using at the moment to log in.
Is a damaged Ethernet cable connecting the computer to the router? Yes? Well, you should change that right away by using a new Ethernet cable for the reestablishment of the connection. See to it that the cable connection is finger-tight. For this, you need to ensure that you hear a click sound after plugging the cable into its respective ports. This sound will serve as an indication that the cable has been plugged properly.
- 5 Ghz WiFi not showing up
- Change WiFi Password
- Connect iRobot to WiFi Router
- How To Setup
- join wifi network
- Linksys ac1200 wifi range extender
- Linksys Access Point Setup
- Linksys bridge mode
- Linksys extender
- Linksys extender lights
- linksys extender no internet
- linksys extender setup
- Linksys range extender
- Linksys Router
- linksys router troubleshooting
- linksys router vpn
- linksys site survey
- Linksys Speed Test
- Linksys Velop Pro 7 Mesh WiFi
- Linksys Velop Setup
- Model Specific Issues
- New Linksys Range Extender
- password not working
- router with t-mobile
- Routerlogin Net
- Troubleshooting Tips
- WiFi Extender
- wifi router