Linksys Extender Setup RE4100W
Here you will find all the relevant information that you need for Linksys Extender Setup RE4100w. RE4100w by Linksys is compatible with both bands – 2.4 Ghz and 5Ghz and provides simultaneous usage of both using Cross-Band technology. With its 7,500 square feet wireless coverage, it completely eliminates the dead wireless spots from your premises.
Steps for Linksys Extender Setup RE4100w
- Connect your extender to the power supply.
- Place your extender such that it lies in the mid way of your router and the area without the wireless connectivity.
- Check the LED, if it is blinking amber then place the extender near to the router.
- Once the LED becomes solid green, proceed to the next step.
- Choose the type of the setup – wired or wireless.
- In case of wired setup, use an Ethernet cable to connect a computer or laptop with the extender.
- For wireless setup, connect your computer or laptop to the extender’s wireless network SSID.
- Tip: For wired setup, make sure your computer is not connected with the router when connected with extender.
- Open any web browser and go to the Linksys RE4100w web-based setup page using extender.linksys.com.
Type your default username and password in the boxes and click on “Login”.
- Note: The default username and password is “admin” but if you have customized it, then use the customized password.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to configure your extender’s network and click on “save”.
- Your extender is configured now and you can connect your device to the extended network.
Troubleshooting – Unable to Setup RE4100w
There are various scenarios that can interrupt the setup process. Let us help you with solutions for each of these scenarios:
Not able to connect with the Router:
- If your extender is not connected with the router, it will show blinking amber light.
- In that case, move the extender to positions that are near to router.
- Avoid placing the extender near a metal object, reflective surfaces and other electronics such as oven to avoid signal interference.
- If you’re using the wireless setup, go for wired setup as it is less prone to connectivity issues.
If you’re getting intermittent connectivity, then either the extender is out of the router’s range or is placed at the edge of router’s coverage area. To resolve this, the initial step is to ensure that the extender is receiving at-least 50% wireless signals of your router. Further, check the location of the extender, it should be equidistant from the router and the no-wireless connectivity zone of your premise.
Not able to access the RE4100w setup portal
- Firstly power cycle your range extender.
- Try switching it to a location near to your router.
- Use the IP address of your extender as the web address of portal.
- If nothing works, reset the extender and try again.
Technical Specifications of Linksys RE4100w
- Cross-Band Technology: To maximize the simultaneous use of both the bands.
- Wireless Range up to 7,500 square feet.
- Fast Ethernet Port to connect additional wired devices.
- Compatibility with every router.
- Audio Port to connect stereo system.
- Reset and WPS buttons.
- Maximum speed 300 Mbps.
- Network Standards IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n
Prerequisites for RE4100w Setup
Your wireless network must be in active state. The SSID (wireless network name) and password should be kept handy.
Copyright 2020 | All Rights Reserved