Linksys Extender Setup RE6400
For Linksys Extender Setup RE6400, first you must become a little familiar with your device. The RE6400 extender by Linksys is a Boost WiFi extender that works on 802.11ac technology. With its two powerful external antennas, it instantly enhances the range of your wireless network. Basically, it twinned the signals of your router to increase both- range and strength. It belongs to AC1200 extender’s family which offers a signal coverage area of 1200 square feet.
Prerequisites for RE6400 Setup
- Active wireless connection
- Credentials for the WiFi network -WiFi name and Security Key
- The extender should be well connected to power supply
Steps for Linksys Extender Setup RE6400
Here are the steps that you need for Linksys Extender Setup RE6400:
- Open your computer or laptop, click on the wireless icon.
- Now you will get a list of available wireless networks within your device’s range.
- Select Linksys Extender Setup XXX from this list.
- Once connected to the Extender’s network, open any web browser.
- In the address bar type http//:extender.linksys.com and press enter key.
- If you are seeing error pop-ups while logging into your extender, get in touch with our experts at toll-free 1-888-887-5015.
- Checkmark the acceptance box of the user license agreement. Tap on start setup.
- Choose “setup as a wireless extender” and click on “next”.
- Select the wireless network name that you wish to extend.
- It may take a few minutes to detect your wireless network.
- However, if it gets fails to detect your network then enter the SSID manually.
- Thereafter, enter the password in the prompted box.
- Configure your range extender using the further on-screen instructions.
- After making the setting changes as per your requirements, click on next.
- Use the spot finder technology to check the location of the extender.
- If it says the location is right, click on next. Else, make the required changes.
- The final step is to create an Admin password to get access to the setting portal of your extender in the future.
- Tap on save, once you’re done with setting up the admin password.
Stuck Between the RE6400 Setup? These Tips Can Help:
In case you’re unable to complete the Linksys Extender Setup RE6400 process, these troubleshooting tips can help:
- First of all, make sure that the extender is properly connected to the power supply.
- Do not initiate the setup process till you don’t get the blinking orange light.
- Prior to open the web-based setup portal on your browser, clear the cache and cookies.
- Be cautious while typing the password as it is case sensitive.
- If you are stuck on the extender login screen, reset the extender by pressing the reset button and then try again.
- Also, if you are setting up a gifted or a refurbished extender, you need to reset it to the factory defaults prior to the setup.
- Make sure the firmware of the extender is updated to the latest version.
- You can upgrade the firmware from the web-based settings portal of your extender.
- At the time of firmware update, the light on the top panel of the extender will start blinking in White. Help Link – How to upgrade the Linksys Extender Firmware?
Still can’t set up your Linksys RE6400 extender? Contact our experts now at 1-888-887-5015.
Technical Specifications of Linksys RE6400
- Dual-Band compatibility.
- WPA, WPA2, and WEP wireless security.
- Cross-Band technology for maximum output.
- Compatible with all wireless routers.
- Spot Finder technology for optimized placement and easy setup.
- Gigabit Ethernet port for connecting game console or a smart TV.
- Beamforming technology that focuses the signals directly to the device.