Linksys Extender Setup RE6500
Linksys Extender Setup RE6500 is the key solution for slow or no connectivity of your wireless network. It provides seamless and uniform wireless connectivity to all of your devices throughout your premise. With its latest technology features, RE6500 serves you with the top-grade performance as compared to other wireless extenders in the market.
Steps for Linksys Extender Setup RE6500
These are the steps that you need for RE6500 Linksys smart WiFi setup at ease. However, you can contact our experts anytime, if you need help.
- Place your extender somewhere between the router and the area that has no wireless connectivity.
- Join the provided antennas to the extender such that antennas are in upright positions.
- Connect the extender to power supply using the power adapter.
- Wait till the light starts blinking orange and then proceed further.
- Select the type of Linksys smart WiFi setup – wired or wireless.
- For wireless setup, connect your computer or tablet with range extender’s network.
- If you can’t see your extender’s network, power cycle your extender.
- In case of the wired connection, use an Ethernet cable to connect your extender with a computer.
- Go to a web browser and open extender.linksys.com or type the extender’s IP address and hit enter.
- Now you will be routed to the setup wizard. Select your preferred language and click on “Start”.
- Choose “setup as a wireless extender” and then click on Next.
- In the next step, select the router’s Wi-Fi network from the list or add it manually using “I don’t see my network” option.
- Provide the password and execute the last instructions for completing the configuration of your extended network.
- After the configuration, setup an admin password for your extender to get access to the settings portal of your extender in future.
Still Can’t Setup? Use These Troubleshooting Tips:
- Might be your extender is not placed within the router’s range, or is placed at the edge of the signal zone.
- Keep the extender near to the router to avoid poor connectivity.
- When you are typing the wireless paraphrase (commonly known as WiFi password), remember that it is case-sensitive.
- Also, double-check the SSID (network name) to which you are connecting your device. The extender’s SSID is always Linksys Extender Setup XXX.
- The XXX in the extender’s SSID is the last three characters of extender’s mac address.
- Select the wireless security as per the compatibility with the router. If your router is using WPA security, then your extender should also use WPA security.
- Sometimes, the culprit is the obsolete firmware of the extender.
- For a successful Linksys Extender RE6500 setup, the firmware of your extender must be up to date to the latest version.
- You can upgrade the firmware from the web-based settings portal of your extender.
- At the time of firmware update, the light on top panel of the extender will start blinking in White.
- To get help for upgrading the firmware of your extender, check out this help link – How to upgrade the Linksys Extender Firmware?
- If you are setting up a gifted or a refurbished extender RE6500, you need to reset it to the factory defaults prior to the setup.
- A reset button is provided on the bottom panel of your extender. Press the reset button for a half a minute and let the device reboot.
- Rebooting process may take a minute. Thereafter power cycle your extender and initiate the Linksys smart WiFi setup process.
Technical Specifications of RE6500
- Model Type – Dual-Band AC range extender.
- Security – WPA2, WPA (WiFi Protected Access) and WEP.
- 2 Extra Detachable Antennas.
- CAT 5E type cable.
- Gigabit Ethernet Port, Audio Port and Power.
- Steps For Linksys Extender Setup RE6500
- Linksys RE7000 AC1900+
- Linksys RE6800 AC1750
- Linksys RE9000 MU-MIMO
- Linksys RE6500HG AC1200
- Linksys RE6500 AC1200
- Linksys RE6350 AC1200
- Linksys RE6400 AC1200
- Linksys – RE9000 AC3000
- Linksys – AC750
Copyright 2019 | All Rights Reserved