How to Login to Linksys Router?
Linksys router login is required if one needs to change the settings of the wireless router or set it up for the first time. There are a couple of methods through which one can log in to the router. They have been highlighted here:
- Local Access Method
- Remote Access Method
On this page, you will find that both these methods have been explained in detail. For your information, whether you use the first method or the second one, Linksys router login username and password are needed for the execution of the process.
Linksys Router Login via Local Access
Mentioned below are the instructions that you should read to locally log in to your Linksys wireless device. Prior to starting the process, make sure that your system is accessing the network of the router. Otherwise, you will face login issues.
- Load an internet browser.
- Make sure that the browser is working on its latest version.
- Along with this, it should be clear from browsing history, cookies, and cache.
- In the location bar, input the default web address, i.e. MYROUTER.LOCAL.
- You are also free to use the Linksys router login IP for the same purpose.
In case you come across the BAD GATEWAY ERROR, then perform a manual firmware upgrade by reading the step-by-step instructions mentioned here:
- Access the LINKSYS SUPPORT SITE.
- Download the latest firmware version.
- Reset the wireless router now. Bypass the SMART SETUP.
- This can be done in case you check both boxes given on the screen.
- Access the web-based setup page via Linksys router login username and password.
- It is highly advised that you now do a manual firmware update.
- Run SMART SETUP.
- Now, press the Enter key.
- You can even click the Enter button.
- You will be asked to enter the ROUTER PASSWORD.
- Do what is required and click the SIGN IN button.
- By default, the administrator password of a non-installed router is ADMIN.
- In some time, the LINKSYS SMART WIFI HOME page will display itself.
- Under the SMART WIFI TOOLS section, you can access and configure everything.
In case you did not like this Linksys router login method, then you should learn how to login to Linksys router using the remote access method.
Linksys WiFi Router Login via Remote Access
Accessing the Linksys router remotely permits one to manage the network from anywhere and at any hour of the day. These steps will guide you to remotely access the device:
- Switch on your computer and create a connection between it and the WiFi network.
- Launch a web browser and enter linksyssmartwifi.com.
- Press the Enter key.
- Here too you can use the Linksys router login IP if the web address does not work.
- Enter the EMAIL ADDRESS and PASSWORD.
- Click the SIGN IN option.
Once you are on the dashboard, you can access and configure the settings of the router.
Experiencing Multiple Failed Linksys Router Login Attempts?
In case you are stuck with multiple failed login attempts, it may be because you cannot remember the password. If this continues any further, your account may get suspended temporarily. In view of this, you should perform a password reset.
This can be done if you follow the guidelines mentioned in this section:
- Open an internet browser and enter the Linksys router login IP.
- Press the Enter key and click the “FORGOT YOUR PASSWORD?” link.
- Enter the email address and select SEND INSTRUCTIONS.
- Soon a dialogue box will appear on your screen.
- Check the email sent from NOREPLY@LINKSYSSMARTWIFI.COM.
- Select the link and reset the password.
- Once you are directed t the PASSWORD RESET. page, enter the new password.
- Click the CONFIRM PASSWORD button.
Now, you may log in to the Linksys router using the default Linksys router login IP and change the settings. By the way, in case despite changing the settings as per your choice, you are not satisfied with the performance of your WiFi router, you should execute the LINKSYS EXTENDER SETUP process. It might help you attend to your internet needs.
- 5 Ghz WiFi not showing up
- How To Setup
- join wifi network
- Linksys ac1200 wifi range extender
- Linksys Access Point Setup
- Linksys bridge mode
- Linksys extender
- Linksys extender lights
- linksys extender no internet
- linksys extender setup
- Linksys range extender
- Linksys Router
- linksys router vpn
- linksys site survey
- Linksys Speed Test
- Linksys Velop Setup
- Model Specific Issues
- New Linksys Range Extender
- password not working
- Routerlogin Net
- Troubleshooting Tips
- WiFi Extender