How to Setup Linksys Router?
Facing issues while doing Linksys wireless router setup? Looking to know how to setup Linksys router? Need to know the step-by-step instructions for getting Linksys router setup success? If so, you’re at the right place. Get the guidance right from the table of experts and know how to setup a Linksys router in a matter of minutes.
Guide to Setup Linksys Router
Before you start with the process of setting up your Linksys router, make sure you have access to high-speed internet and a working Ethernet cable. Here’s how to setup Linksys router using the manual method.
- Connect the external antennas of your Linksys router if available.
- Now, plug in the router to a wall socket and turn it on.
- Connect your Linksys router to the modem or access point with the help of an Ethernet cable.
Note: Although a wireless connection can also be established between both the WiFi devices for Linksys wireless router setup, it sometimes can create issues while getting success with the Linksys router setup process.
- Once done, open an internet browser on a computer you want to use for Linksys router setup.
- Make sure the device you use is having a web browser installed on it and check if it is up-to-date. If not, get a web browser installed, you can choose between Chrome, Edge, Safari, IE, and Firefox.
- Now, enter the default web address of your Linksys router in the address field of the web browser and as soon as you press the Enter key, you will be redirected to the Linksys router login page.
- Thereafter, fill in the default admin password of your Linksys to access the Linksys router setup wizard. The wizard here means the dashboard or Graphical User Interface of your Linksys router.
- Clicking the Next option will reveal a new window on your computer.
- Give your WiFi a name and password, follow further on-screen prompts, and complete the Linksys router setup process.
This is all about how to setup Linksys router. No matter whether you setup Linksys router using an Ethernet cable or have tried Linksys wireless router setup, the steps listed above will help you make your WiFi device up and running without any hassle. Just in case you come across any issue while doing the Linksys router setup, feel free to contact our technical support executives for quick help.
Can’t Setup Linksys Router?
If even after knowing the steps on how to setup a Linksys router, you can’t get success with the process, check the possible reasons that might be preventing you from doing Linksys wireless router setup and get rid of the issue.
- Make sure you have placed your Linksys router closer to the modem and far from devices that could create WiFi interference. To name a few, you can keep refrigerators, baby monitors, microwave ovens, Bluetooth speakers, other wireless devices at bay.
- Check if the power LED of your Linksys router is showing green.
- Ensure that the power outlet you have used to plugin your Linksys router is providing a sufficient power supply. If not, switch the adapter of your Linksys to other wall socket.
- Make sure you have used the right Linksys router login credentials to complete the setup process. A small typing error in the admin details can also lead you to the failure message.
- Verify if all the connections made by you for performing Linksys router setup are proper. In case of any loose or damaged wire also, you will not be able to setup Linksys router.
These are a few things to crosscheck so as to complete the Linksys router setup with ease. If still you can’t get the best out of your WiFi device and looking for some tips on how to setup a Linksys router successfully, head towards the advanced troubleshooting steps given in the next section.
How to Troubleshoot Linksys Router Setup Issue?
- Power cycle your Linksys router! For non-techies, power cycles here means to turn off your device, unplug it from its wall socket, and plugin it back. Doing so might help you get success with Linksys wireless router setup.
- Disable proxy servers as well as firewall apps used by you on your PC. Sometimes, such applications can also hinder the process of setting up a Linksys router.
- Keep your web browser clutter-free. For that, navigate to the settings of your internet browser and clear cache and cookies from it. You can also erase browsing history to avoid any further browser-related issues while doing the Linksys WiFi router setup.
- Ensure that your Linksys router is updated with the latest version of firmware. If not, access the login page of your Linksys and get it updated manually.
- Reset your Linksys WiFi router! Yes, you read it right! Perhaps you have not followed the proper steps to complete the setup of your WiFi device. In such a case, you need to reset your Linksys to the default settings and then setup it again. While re-configuring your Linksys, consider keeping all the checkpoints given above in mind, so that you can this time get success.
By using these Linksys router troubleshooting tips, you can make the most of your device. It is expected that you have now learned everything about setting up a Linksys router. Right from how to setup a Linksys router to troubleshooting it, we’ve guided you with detailed info.
If still your device is creating issues for you and you are unable to make it operational by completing the Linksys wireless router setup process, you are advised to take expert help from our technical professionals. As soon as you request them to help you, you will get assistance from them and be able to make your Linksys router working efficiently.