Troubleshooting: Common Issues With Linksys Extender Setup RE6500
- Troubleshooting Tips
- Mitchell Hope
- August 10, 2019
Linksys RE6500 AC1200 dual-band wireless range extender is one of the best networking devices to extend the existing WiFi signals in every corner of your home or workplace. Basically, it repeats the wireless signal incoming from the router, providing internet connectivity in hard-to-reach areas. Since its inception, Linksys RE6500 extender has earned a massive user base. And the whole credit goes to its flawless features and superb performance. But at times, users face various issues during Linksys extender setup RE6500. And these issues can be really frustrating and a bit difficult to understand.
If you are also sailing in the same boat, here’s the rescue plan for you. No matter what issue you face, you can resolve it with a few troubleshooting tips. In this post, we will discuss all common issues with Linksys extender RE6500 setup together with their relevant solutions. Let’s take the plunge.
Issue 1: Unable to Connect to Linksys Extender
Improper placement of your Linksys WiFi range extender is the root cause of this issue. Not only the extender but also the placement of other equipment whichever you use for the setup process also results in this connection problem.
Solution: The only solution to this issue is to shift the position of your Linksys range extender. There are some key points you need to take care of, while placing your extender. Let’s have a look at them:
- During the RE6500 setup process, place the extender as well as router in the same room.
- Try to avoid the obstructions in the path of extender’s WiFi signals.
- Do not keep the extender and router near electronic devices because these may cause signal interference.
- Avoid placing your Linksys WiFi range extender near masonry walls, metal objects as well as reflexive surfaces like mirrors and glasses.
- Also, position the extender far away from concrete walls and corners.
Thus, you can resolve this issue with great ease. Simply shift your extender’s position keeping the aforementioned guidelines in mind and you are done.
For easy troubleshooting of Linksys RE6500 Extender Setup issues, it’s best to get connected with our well-trained experts.
Issue 2: Can’t Log in to Linksys Extender
During the Linksys smart WiFi setup with your extender, there is need to access the default web-based address i.e. extender.linksys.com. This web-based page allows you to set up and configure your Linksys extender. But when users try to access this web-based setup page, they usually stuck with error messages. It generally happens when there is no connection between the extender and your device and the extender is not detecting the internet connection from your network.
Solution: Follow the below-given troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue:
- Be certain that the web address you enter is correct.
- Make sure that your computer is connected to the RE6500 range extender.
- Disconnect your extender from the power source and connect it again but after some time. This process is known as power-cycling.
- Check the indicator light to find the status of your extender whether it is connected or not.
- Update the web browser you are using.
- Use the latest firmware version on your Linksys RE6500 WiFi range extender.
Issue 3: Intermittent Connection Problem
Another common issue while setting up the Linksys RE6500 extender is intermittent connection. There are various reasons why your wireless connection is dropping. Some of them are MTU size, outdated firmware, low signal quality from the router, and frequency interference from other WiFi devices.
Solution: The ultimate solution to fix intermittent wireless connection problem with your Linksys range extender is resetting. Provided that the resetting will delete all the customized settings made by you, so it is recommended to note down the values of these settings. Here’s how to reset Linksys extender:
- Firstly, put the extender on power.
- Press and hold the reset button on your extender.
- Wait for some time.
- After that, power cycle your extender.
That’s it! The RE6500 extender resets to the default factory settings.
You might also like:-
Fix: Linksys Extender IP Address Not Working Issue
Linksys WiFi Extender Blinking Green – Good or Bad
How to Resolve Linksys Error 2123 – Easy Fixes
Can’t Connect to My Linksys Extender Settings? How to Fix?
Users Guide to Perform Linksys Mesh WiFi 6 Setup
Topmost Tips and Tricks to Boost Linksys Extender Weak Signal
A Quick Guide to Do Linksys Bridge Mode Setup
Informative Guide to Solve Linksys Extender No Internet Issue
Unable to Join WiFi Network of Linksys Extender? Let’s Fix!
Linksys Site Survey Feature: Everything You Should Know
- 5 Ghz WiFi not showing up
- How To Setup
- join wifi network
- Linksys ac1200 wifi range extender
- Linksys Access Point Setup
- Linksys bridge mode
- Linksys extender
- Linksys extender lights
- linksys extender no internet
- linksys extender setup
- Linksys range extender
- Linksys Router
- linksys site survey
- Linksys Speed Test
- Linksys Velop Setup
- Model Specific Issues
- New Linksys Range Extender
- password not working
- Routerlogin Net
- Troubleshooting Tips
- WiFi Extender