Linksys Extender Setup RE6700
Here you will get complete information on Linksys Extender Setup RE6700. First let us make you a bit familiar with your device. Linksys wireless range extender RE6700 AC1200 is a dual band WiFi range extender that can work as both – access point and range extender. It operates on 802.11ac technology and has a range of 10,000 square feet coverage. So if you are looking for a solution for poor wireless connectivity, RE6700 is the ideal one.
Now as you are familiar with your device, let us discuss each step in detail to set up RE6700.
Prerequisites for the RE6700 setup
Prior to the setup, you must have the following prerequisites done:
- The router’s wireless network should be up and working.
- Keep the WiFi name and password handy.
- Extender must be properly connected to an AC power outlet for power supply.
- Wait till the time the light starts blinking orange before initiating the setup process.
Steps for Linksys Extender Setup RE6700
Linksys Extender Setup RE6700 is done through the Linksys browser based setup portal. You don’t require any installation CD or software, just execute these steps:
- Use a computer or laptop and connect it to the wireless network of the range extender.
- The SSID name of the extender’s network is Linksys Extender XXX .
- Now go to a web browser and open http://extender.linksys.com or 192.168.1.1
- This web address will take you to the setup page.
- Tap on start setup to initiate the setup process.
- From the options provided, select “as a wireless range extender”.
- Choose your wireless network from the list.
- If you don’t find the desired network name, click “manually enter username and password”.
- Complete the configuration process by executing the on-screen instructions.
- Use the spot finder to choose the best location for your extender.
- Create the admin password for your extender’s network.
- Tap on “save” and you’re all set with Linksys Extender Setup RE6700.
Troubleshooting Linksys Extender RE6700 Setup Issues
There are times when you face several issues during Linksys Extender RE6700 Setup. Here are some tips that can help you for a hassle-free setup:
- You should follow the setup steps in the correct sequence.
- If you’re stuck in between the setup process, power cycle your router and the extender.
- When typing the password for WiFi, cross check the password as it is case-sensitive.
- In case you are unable to get to the setup page, restart your web browser.
- Also, delete the cache and cookies.
- If there is red light on the light indicator of the extender, restart it.
- And if the light indicator is blinking orange, place your extender near to the router.
Technical Specifications for Linksys Extender RE6700
Being a AC1200 type extender, it give marvelous bandwidth speed of 1200 Mbps on both bands- 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. The Linksys RE6700 AC1200 supports cross band technology to offer maximum output by maximizing the use of both the bands simultaneously. The side panel of your extender include two buttons – WPS button and the RESET button.
- WPS Button: It is use to auto connect the wireless devices to your network.
- RESET Button: It is use to reset the range extender to factory defaults.
Further, the bottom panel of your extender have two ports – ETHERNET and AUDIO.
- ETHERNET Port: It is use for wired connections with the devices.
- AUDIO Port: This port supports 3.5mm audio jack to connect speakers.
Copyright 2020 | All Rights Reserved