How to Reset Linksys Extender RE6400 in Flash
- Model Specific Issues, New Linksys Range Extender
- Mitchell Hope
- July 5, 2019
With Linksys extender setup RE6400, you can use wireless or wired equipment like laptops, wireless routers, desktops, and other wireless supported devices. Linksys extender RE6400 extenders expand the reach of wireless network and existing internet range coming out from your existing WiFi router.
If you are facing any kind of issue with your Linksys wifi range extender or your range extender isn’t working properly like before, then you can bring it back to factory reset default settings. So the question in our all mind is How to Reset Linksys Extender RE6400 with a single wink.
Resetting the Linksys wifi extender back to its default factory isn’t a difficult one to perform. You can reset the Linksys extender setup process quite easily within a few seconds. Let us understand the concept to reset Linksys extender.
Two Main Linksys WiFi Extender Setup Methods
You can reset the Linksys wifi extender with two different methods. They are: Soft Reset and Hard Reset.
Let’s begin with the Linksys WiFi extender soft reset procedure:
- Turn ON your desktop or laptop.
- Open any of your preferred latest updated web browsers to access the Linksys extender setup page on your desktop/laptop.
- For this, connect your desktop/laptop with the Linksys wifi range extender with the help of an ethernet cable.
- Type extender.linksys.com in the URL/address bar of your web browser and press the enter key.
- Type the Linksys extender default login credentials present on the Linksys wireless extender setup page.
- Now move towards the ‘Administration field’ to reset your Linksys RE6400 extender.
- Tap on the factory default reset button.
How to Reset Linksys Extender RE6400 with Hard Reset Process
- Shut down all the connected devices.
- Check all the connections are disconnected from your Linksys range extender device.
- Connect a power cable and allow your Linksys range extender boot up properly. Let all the LEDs get stable.
- For hard reset, you need a pin-pointed object like a pin or paper clip.
- On Linksys RE6400 you will find a reset hole. Punch in the pin or paper clip in the reset hole and hold it for a few seconds.
- Once all the LEDs start to blink up again, release the pin and pull it out from the hole. Now you can reconfigure for Linksys wireless extender setup.
Still Facing Trouble in Linksys Smart WiFi Setup After Reset
Even after the reset of Linksys extender you are facing the problem in using or accessing Linksys extender setup and login page, make sure the following norms mentioned below:
- Never try to connect your Linksys wifi range extender with the public hotspot.
- Either your Linksys extender or existing WiFi router is working on older firmware.
- Keep your existing router and Linksys WiFi extender in a well-spaced place. Do not place the device near any kind of physical objects like doors, concrete walls, microwave, electronic device, etc.
- Might be the web browser that you are using to access Linksys smart WiFi setup is outdated or overloaded. So either update the web browser or remove the temporary files and cookies from the web browser and from your computer/laptop.
So, these are two best fixes to reset your Linksys wifi range extender in a flash. We really hope that these efforts help you a lot to fix your Linksys extender reset issues. If still the problem is the same, it’s good to get in touch with our experts.
You might also like:-
How to Resolve Linksys Error 2123 – Easy Fixes
Can’t Connect to My Linksys Extender Settings? How to Fix?
Topmost Tips and Tricks to Boost Linksys Extender Weak Signal
A Quick Guide to Do Linksys Bridge Mode Setup
Informative Guide to Solve Linksys Extender No Internet Issue
Unable to Join WiFi Network of Linksys Extender? Let’s Fix!
Linksys Site Survey Feature: Everything You Should Know
Want to Run Linksys Speed Test? Let’s Help!
Fix Common Issues with Linksys AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Linksys Access Point Setup: Guide for Beginners
- 5 Ghz WiFi not showing up
- How To Setup
- join wifi network
- Linksys ac1200 wifi range extender
- Linksys Access Point Setup
- Linksys bridge mode
- Linksys extender
- Linksys extender lights
- linksys extender no internet
- linksys extender setup
- Linksys range extender
- Linksys Router
- linksys site survey
- Linksys Speed Test
- Linksys Velop Setup
- Model Specific Issues
- New Linksys Range Extender
- password not working
- Routerlogin Net
- Troubleshooting Tips
- WiFi Extender