Linksys Access Point Setup: Guide for Beginners
- Linksys Access Point Setup
- Mitchell Hope
- November 25, 2021
The new models of Linksys range extenders can be configured in Access Point mode. Access Point mode lets your WiFi range extender expand your existing network by connecting to your router, which enables it to have minimal loss of performance. If you want a better WiFi speed, perform Linksys access point setup.
Don’t worry! Setting up your Linksys wireless extender in access point mode isn’t rocket science. Simply walk through the guidelines mentioned in this post and learn how to perform Linksys access point setup.
But, before you start with the setup process, ensure that you are using one of the following extenders:
Note: These are the extenders that can be configured in Access Point mode.
- Linksys RE6400 AC1200 BOOST WiFi Extender
- Linksys RE6500HG AC1200 Dual-Band WiFi Extender
- Linksys RE6700 AC1200 Amplify Dual-Band WiFi Extender
- Linksys RE7000 Max-Stream AC1900 WiFi Extender
- Linksys RE6800 AC1750 WiFi Extender
- Linksys RE6300 AC750 BOOST WiFi Extender
Now, follow the below-mentioned step-by-step instructions and get to know how to perform Linksys access point setup.
How to Perform Linksys Access Point Setup?
a. Power Up Your Extender
- Plug your Linksys extender into a wall outlet and press the Power button.
- Wait for the LED light to become solid green.
Note: Make sure that your Linksys range extender is receiving a fluctuation-free power supply from the wall outlet.
b. Connect Your WiFi Devices
- Create a connection between your Linksys wireless extender and your home router.
- You can connect both devices wirelessly or using an Ethernet cable. The choice is yours.
Note: If you use an Ethernet cable to connect your extender and wireless router, then ensure that it is free of damages. Otherwise, you might run into technical issues.
c. Access Extender.linksys.com
- Once a strong connection between your Linksys extender and router has been established, switch on your computer.
- Launch an internet browser of your preference.
- In the address bar of the internet browser, type extender.linksys.com.
- Press the Enter key.
Note: If the default web address of your extender refuses to work for you, then either use the default IP address, or reach out to our well-versed technical experts.
d. Navigate to the Settings Menu
- As soon as you press Enter, you will be taken to the Linksys extender setup wizard.
- Head over to the Settings menu.
- Under the ‘As a wired range extender (access point)’ option, click ‘Next’.
- Create WiFi names that the Linksys range extender will be broadcasting. You are free to either create two different WiFi names or use the same one for both radio bands (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz).
e. Create an Admin Password
- Create an admin password for your Linksys wireless range extender.
- Click Save. If required, you may also add a password hint.
- When prompted to register your Linksys product to receive updates, enter your email address.
- Click Next.
In this manner, you’ll successfully be able to perform Linksys access point setup. Once your range extender is in Access Point mode, the top header on your computer screen will read ‘Dual Band Wireless Access Point’.
If you want your Linksys range extender to expand your existing network by connecting to your router, then consider performing Linksys access point setup by following the guidelines mentioned in this post. Although, setting up your wireless device is not that difficult, however, many users face issues while doing so.
In case you are also facing issues trying to set up your Linksys extender in access point mode, then feel free to reach out to our well-versed technical experts. They are available for you 24/7.
You might also like:-
How to Resolve Linksys Error 2123 – Easy Fixes
Can’t Connect to My Linksys Extender Settings? How to Fix?
Topmost Tips and Tricks to Boost Linksys Extender Weak Signal
A Quick Guide to Do Linksys Bridge Mode Setup
Informative Guide to Solve Linksys Extender No Internet Issue
Unable to Join WiFi Network of Linksys Extender? Let’s Fix!
Linksys Site Survey Feature: Everything You Should Know
Want to Run Linksys Speed Test? Let’s Help!
Fix Common Issues with Linksys AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Guide to Set Up Linksys Range Extender in Access Point Mode
- 5 Ghz WiFi not showing up
- How To Setup
- join wifi network
- Linksys ac1200 wifi range extender
- Linksys Access Point Setup
- Linksys bridge mode
- Linksys extender
- Linksys extender lights
- linksys extender no internet
- linksys extender setup
- Linksys range extender
- Linksys Router
- linksys site survey
- Linksys Speed Test
- Linksys Velop Setup
- Model Specific Issues
- New Linksys Range Extender
- password not working
- Routerlogin Net
- Troubleshooting Tips
- WiFi Extender