Forgot Linksys Router Password? Let’s Retrieve it!
- Linksys Router
- Claudia Holland
- March 2, 2023
Linksys router is one of the best networking devices. Simply set it up at your home and enjoy seamless internet access on various devices. Not just this, another plus point of investing in this device is its easy-to-manage option. You can easily manage the Linksys router using its management portal. But it is natural that you can forget the login password. If you forgot Linksys router password, then what you will do to retrieve it? Learn about this in this very blog.
What is Linksys Router Password?
Linksys router password means the admin password of the Linksys account. This password is not the one that you use to access the router WiFi on devices. The WiFi password and the admin password are two different entities. Make sure you do not mess between both. The admin password is the one that takes you to the management portal or the admin panel of the Linksys router from where you can access its settings. When you are accessing the management portal for the very first time, you make use of the default password. But after that, you can change the password to secure your network. Let us tell you now what you can do in case you forgot Linksys router password.
What to Do When You Forgot Linksys Router Password?
You can recover the lost or forgotten password by accessing the Linksys cloud account of the Linksys router. If you have created a cloud account then make use of it right now. Here are the detailed instructions that you can use to get the job done:
- Get closer to your Linksys WiFi router and connect it to the power source. Wait till the lights on it are solid.
- Now, use an Ethernet cable and connect the router to the modem. This is to ensure that the internet connection is stable. You can also connect the devices using a wireless connection.
- Once the router and the modem are connected, get hold of your computer or laptop.
- Power it up right away.
- Once it is booted up, launch an internet browser on it. The browser that you are using must be updated to the most recent version.
- It is now time to access the Linksys cloud account login page.
- So, in the address of the browser, enter the default IP address of the Linksys router.
- Hit the Enter key when you are done with the previous step.
- You will be accessing the Linksys login page.
- Input the username and password and click Log in.
- Once you are logged in, click on the Connectivity option under Router Settings.
- Now, go to the Basic tab and find the option named Router Password.
- Click on the Edit option beside Router Password.
- A new window will pop up now.
- Enter the current password once and the new password twice as asked.
- Click on Apply option to save the changes.
This is how you can change the admin password if you forgot Linksys router password. In case you do not have a cloud account then you have another option available which is to reset your Linksys router.
How to Reset Linksys Router?
Resetting the router implies restoring the default settings on it. When you reset your Linksys router the current settings get erased from it and the factory settings are restored. That means the current password also gets deleted and now you can use the default password to access the Linksys router admin panel. You can reset your Linksys router using the instructions mentioned below:
- Power up the Linksys router.
- Locate the button labeled Reset on it.
- Push it gently.
The Linksys router is now running on the default settings. Use the default password and access the Linksys router setup portal and change the default password to a strong one.
This is how you can retrieve the login password in case you forgot Linksys router password.
- 5 Ghz WiFi not showing up
- How To Setup
- join wifi network
- Linksys ac1200 wifi range extender
- Linksys Access Point Setup
- Linksys bridge mode
- Linksys extender
- linksys extender no internet
- linksys extender setup
- Linksys range extender
- Linksys Router
- linksys site survey
- Linksys Speed Test
- Linksys Velop Setup
- Model Specific Issues
- New Linksys Range Extender
- password not working
- Routerlogin Net
- Troubleshooting Tips
- WiFi Extender