Unable to Access Linksys Extender Login Page? Here’s The Fix
- Troubleshooting Tips
- Mitchell Hope
- December 30, 2019
Linksys extender login page allows you to configure your range extender and access the settings of an old one. At times, users face issues while accessing the web-based setup page of Linksys WiFi range extender. If you are one of them, don’t worry. We have a solution to fix the issue.
Errors while accessing the Linksys extender login page can be due to some of the following reasons:
- Linksys extender not connecting to the router.
- WiFi network fails to connect to the device.
- Linksys WiFi extender is connected to your home network but not detecting the internet connection.
Prior to you begin, make sure that you have tried accessing the web-based setup page of Linksys WiFi range extender using its default IP address i.e. 192.168.1.1 or extender.linksys.com web address.
Perform the following steps to fix errors while accessing the Linksys extender’s web-based setup page. Let’s take the plunge.
Check if your Laptop or computer is connected to Linksys extender’s WiFi network
- Ensure that your client device is connected to the default WiFi network of Linksys WiFi range extender.
- To avoid issues during Linksys extender setup RE6400 process, make sure that you have connected your existing WiFi router to your Linksys extender via Ethernet cable.
Check the lights on your Linksys range extender
All the lights on your Linksys range extender should be stable. If any of them are blinking, there are chances you might face issues while Linksys WiFi extender setup.
If you don’t see any LED activity on your Linksys extender or there are only one or two lights, unplug your extender and plug it back again after a few minutes.
Power cycle your Linksys WiFi extender
- Unplug your Linksys extender from the main power outlet.
- Disconnect your Linksys devices from the connected devices.
- Wait for a couple of minutes and plug your Linksys extender back in.
- Allow your range extender to boot up properly.
Now, try to access the Linksys WiFi setup page again.
Relocate your Linksys extender
It is crucial to place your extender at the center location of your house near to your existing WiFi router. This prevents issues while accessing the Linksys extender’s web-based setup page. You can find the best place to place your Linksys extender using the “Spot Finder” technology.
Reset your Linksys extender back to factory defaults
Resetting your Linksys range extender will restore your device’s settings back to its factory default and you will need to run the Linksys extender setup RE6400 process again.
To reset Linksys extender:
- Power on your Linksys extender. The power LD on your device must be stable.
- Locate the reset hole on your Linksys extender.
- Take a pin or paper clip to press and hold the Linksys extender’s reset hole.
- Release it.
- Thus, your Linksys extender reset successfully.
After resetting your Linksys WiFi range extender, you may now access the Linksys WiFi setup page without any hassle. When the web-based setup page of your Linksys WiFi range extender appears, it might ask you for a default password. Enter the password carefully and click on Log In or OK.
If you’re still unable to access the Linksys extender’s web-based setup page even after Linksys extender reset process, ensure that your proxy settings of your PC are disabled. And if the issue still persists, make sure to get in touch with our experts.
You might also like:-
Useful Guide to Connect Linksys Extender to New Router
Can’t Connect to My Linksys Extender Settings? How to Fix?
Why My Linksys RE6500 WiFi Range Extender Keeps Disconnecting?
Solved: Linksys RE7000 5GHz Uplink Drops Every Hour
How to Connect Your iPod to WiFi After Linksys Extender Setup
Know All About Linksys Extender Setup RE4100W in Easy Manner
How to Reset Linksys Extender RE6400 in Flash
Getting to Know About RE6300 Linksys WiFi Extender Setup
- 5 Ghz WiFi not showing up
- How To Setup
- join wifi network
- Linksys ac1200 wifi range extender
- Linksys Access Point Setup
- Linksys bridge mode
- Linksys extender
- Linksys extender lights
- linksys extender no internet
- linksys extender setup
- Linksys range extender
- Linksys Router
- linksys site survey
- Linksys Speed Test
- Linksys Velop Setup
- Model Specific Issues
- New Linksys Range Extender
- password not working
- Routerlogin Net
- Troubleshooting Tips
- WiFi Extender