Troubleshooting Guide: Linksys RE6350 Firmware Update Failure
- Troubleshooting Tips
- Mitchell Hope
- June 12, 2020
Unable to update Linksys RE6350 AC1200 firmware? Continuously getting Linksys RE6350 firmware update failure message? Fret not! In this troubleshooting guide, you will learn how to resolve issues when trying to manually update your Linksys RE6350 extender firmware. Let’s get started.
Failed to Update Linksys RE6350 Firmware?
Linksys RE6350 extender offers two types of firmware updates, namely Automatic Update and Manual Update.
In the Automatic Update mode, the extender updates its firmware on its own when it is not in use, generally overnight. On the other hand, if you have set up your Linksys RE6350 AC1200 extender for the manual update, it is totally your headacheto download and install the latest firmware version.
However, in any case, you are facing issues while manually updating your Linksys RE6350 extender firmware or continuously seeing firmware update failure error, follow this troubleshooting guide.
Are You Updating Linksys RE6350 AC1200 Firmware Properly?
Before anything else, you should be fully aware of the complete and correct steps to update Linksys RE6350 AC1200 WiFi range extender’s firmware. Here are the A-Z steps required for Linksys RE6350 firmware update:
1. On your computer or laptop, launch your preferred web browser.
2. Type http //extender.linksys.com in the URL bar and press Enter.
3. Insert the Linksys RE6350 login credentials into the given fields.
4. After you log in, hit the Firmware Upgrade button.
5. If there is any new firmware update available for your extender, click on the Update Now button.
6. Let the Linksys AC1200 RE6350 extender update its firmware properly.
7. At last, click on the Save button on the bottom side.
So, that’s how you can perform Linksys RE6350 extender firmware update. If even after following the correct steps you are getting the update failure message, have a glance at some of the best troubleshooting tips to fix ‘Linksys RE6350 firmware update failure’ error.
Fix: Linksys RE6350 Firmware Update Failure
1. Power Cycle Your RE6350 Extender
Walk through the instructions mentioned below to power cycle your Linksys AC1200 RE6350 WiFi range extender:
- Unplug the range extender to the wall socket.
- Wait for a while.
- Plug the extender back into the wall outlet.
- Power up the range extender.
Done with power cycling? Now, try again to manually update your Linksys AC1200 RE6350 extender firmware. In case you are still seeing the same error, move to the next troubleshooting tactic.
2. Factory Reset Linksys RE6350
The next step in the troubleshooting process is to fully factory reset your Linksys RE6350 extender and set it back up. In order to reset Linksys RE6350 AC1200, do the following:
- Turn on your Linksys WiFi range extender.
- Press the Reset button on it.
- Let the extender reboot.
Note: You can also perform Linksys extender reset for RE6350 via the default web page.
This way, you can reset your Linksys range extender RE6350 AC1200. Now, you have to perform the Linksys AC1200 RE6350 setup once again. After setup, configure its settings as per your requirements.
Here’s to hope that you have successfully resolved the ‘Linksys RE6350 firmware update failure’ error and you have now an updated extender. However, in case you are stuck at any step, feel free to get in touch with our experts.
- 5 Ghz WiFi not showing up
- How To Setup
- join wifi network
- Linksys ac1200 wifi range extender
- Linksys Access Point Setup
- Linksys bridge mode
- Linksys extender
- linksys extender no internet
- linksys extender setup
- Linksys range extender
- Linksys Router
- linksys site survey
- Linksys Speed Test
- Linksys Velop Setup
- Model Specific Issues
- New Linksys Range Extender
- password not working
- Routerlogin Net
- Troubleshooting Tips
- WiFi Extender