How to Change WiFi Password of a Linksys Extender?
- linksys extender setup
- Mitchell Hope
- September 21, 2021
Looking to change the WiFi password of your Linksys extender? Perhaps, you haven’t changed the default password of your device at the time of set up. But, recognizing the need of securing your WiFi device, now you want to set it to something that is hard-to-crack. Or, perhaps you found that someone is leeching your WiFi and making your internet super slow. Whatever is the scenario, we’ll help you learn how you can change WiFi password of your Linksys extender within minutes. All you need to do is stick to reading!
Steps to Change WiFi Password of Linksys Extender
Every user has his/her own reasons for changing WiFi password. But, if you are looking to change it, then we must say you are really concerned when it comes to securing your WiFi extender from potential threats. To help you out with the process of changing WiFi password, below we have given the breakdown of various steps explaining each and everything. So, start off with the given steps and change WiFi password of your Linksys without any hassle.
When you want to change WiFi password, first you need to log in to your extender and tweak various settings after reaching the Linksys WiFi setup wizard. Here’s how:
- Make sure your Linksys range extender is connected to your home WiFi router in a proper manner. Also, verify that the WiFi device is receiving an adequate and fluctuation-free power supply.
- Now, get access to any of your devices and open a web browser on it.
Quick Tip: Although you can use any web browser, however make sure the one you launch must be updated to the latest software version. Besides, it should not be packed with the junk of browser cache and cookies.
- Type the default web address of your Linksys extender into the address bar of your browser and press the Enter key.
- Completing the step will take you to the login page of your Linksys extender.
- Type the default password of your extender into the given field and select Log In.
Note: If you are unaware of the default password of your Linksys, check the manual that you might have received at the time of your extender’s purchase. If the manual is available, ask our experts to help you out.
- Selecting the Log In option will direct you to the dashboard of your Linksys extender.
- Now, head towards the settings of your extender and locate the Administration option.
- Thereafter, locate and select the Change WiFi Password option under the WiFi Settings tab.
- Selecting it will ask you to enter your default password first.
- So, enter the same without making any typing mistakes.
- Once done, you will be able to set a new password for your Linksys WiFi range extender.
Note: It is recommended that you set a password that includes special characters, digits, and alphabets.
- Reconfirm the password after typing it and hit Continue.
- Your extender password is changed, but to make the changes effective – don’t forget to hit the Apply button.
- Now log out of your extender’s dashboard and try accessing it again using the changed password.
- If the new password takes to you the Linksys extender setup wizard, it means the WiFi password of your extender has been changed successfully.
- This is all about how to change WiFi password of a Linksys WiFi range extender.
This is all about how to change WiFi password of a Linksys WiFi range extender.
Need More Help?
If even after following the steps given in the blog, you are unable to change WiFi password of your Linksys extender setup, then feel free to contact our technical experts for quick help. By remotely accessing your device, our experts will help you change the password of your Linksys WiFi extender in a jiffy.
- 5 Ghz WiFi not showing up
- How To Setup
- join wifi network
- Linksys ac1200 wifi range extender
- Linksys Access Point Setup
- Linksys bridge mode
- Linksys extender
- Linksys extender lights
- linksys extender no internet
- linksys extender setup
- Linksys range extender
- Linksys Router
- linksys site survey
- Linksys Speed Test
- Linksys Velop Setup
- Model Specific Issues
- New Linksys Range Extender
- password not working
- Routerlogin Net
- Troubleshooting Tips
- WiFi Extender