Complete Guide to Resolve Linksys Extender Orange Light Issue
- linksys extender setup
- Mitchell Hope
- May 17, 2022
Is the LED on your Linksys wireless range extender blinking orange? Well, it looks like you are in for some connectivity issues. But, fret not. We are here to assist you. In this post, we have discussed some of the topmost troubleshooting hacks following which, resolving the Linksys extender orange light issue will become a piece of cake for you. Thus, read on.
Troubleshoot Linksys Extender Orange Light Issue
Reboot Your Linksys Extender
The most basic way to troubleshoot the Linksys extender orange light issue is to reboot your wireless device. Here is how to reboot or restart your extender:
- Remove all cables connecting to your Linksys extender.
- Power off your Linksys extender and unplug it from its wall socket.
- Wait for some time.
- Plug your Linksys extender back into its wall socket and power it on.
- Reconnect all the cables to your extender.
Now, check the status of the LED on your Linksys extender. Were you able to troubleshoot the Linksys extender orange light issue? No? Well then, go through the next fix.
Perform Linksys Firmware Update
You can also try updating the firmware of your device in order to get rid of the Linksys extender orange light issue. Are you not sure about how to execute the process? Take the help of the below-mentioned steps:
- Access your PC and open a web browser.
- Download the latest firmware version for your Linksys extender.
- Once done, open a brand new tab on your browser.
- In the address bar of your browser, type the default web address of your device.
Note: Avoid entering the default web address in the search bar of your web browser.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will get redirected to the login page of your extender.
- Input the default admin details and click the Log In button.
- The Linksys extender setup wizard will appear.
- Select Settings > Maintenance > Firmware Update > Browse > Upload.
- Restart your Linksys wireless range extender.
In case you come across any issues while updating the firmware of your Linksys device, get in touch with our technical experts. They will surely be able to help you out.
Check the Ethernet Connection
Verify the Ethernet cable connecting your Linksys wireless range extender and the host router. Although it shouldn’t be damaged, in case you find any cuts on it, get it replaced. Thereafter, make sure that the connection between your devices is finger-tight.
If you want to choose another option, then consider connecting your devices wirelessly.
Keep WiFi Interference at Bay
WiFi interference can also prevent your Linksys range extender from performing well. Therefore, if the room where you’ve placed your extender is filled with transmitting appliances, electronic devices, metal objects, and reflexive surfaces, consider changing the location of your extender.
To be specific, keep your extender from cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, Bluetooth speakers, mirrors, fish tanks, treadmills, televisions, refrigerators, microwave ovens, aluminium studs, etc.
Reset Your Linksys Extender
If you still cannot get rid of the Linksys extender orange light issue, then consider performing factory default reset. Here is how you can go about the reset process:
First, ensure that your extender is receiving a fluctuation-free power supply.
- Once assured, locate the Reset button on your extender.
- Press the button carefully once located.
- Wait for a couple of seconds.
As soon as you are done resetting your Linksys wireless range extender, reconfigure it.
With that, we are concluding our guide on troubleshooting the Linksys extender orange light issue. We hope that after walking through the hacks mentioned above, you will be able to stop the LED on your wireless device from blinking orange.
On the off chance, you are stuck with the same issue; it is recommended that you contact our highly-experienced experts.
- 5 Ghz WiFi not showing up
- How To Setup
- join wifi network
- Linksys ac1200 wifi range extender
- Linksys Access Point Setup
- Linksys bridge mode
- Linksys extender
- linksys extender no internet
- linksys extender setup
- Linksys range extender
- Linksys Router
- linksys site survey
- Linksys Speed Test
- Linksys Velop Setup
- Model Specific Issues
- New Linksys Range Extender
- password not working
- Routerlogin Net
- Troubleshooting Tips
- WiFi Extender