- How To Setup
- Mitchell Hope
- November 3, 2020
Linksys extender not broadcasting SSID has become one of the biggest hurdles for many users around the world as they are unable to get connected to their extender network. There can be various reasons why your Linksys extender is not showing up the SSID, let’s make you familiar with all the reasons so that you can get rid of the issues. Here we go:
Reasons Causing Linksys Extender Not Broadcasting SSID Issue
Placement of your extender is not right
It has been found that if your Linksys extender is installed in far area and not catching WiFi signals from the existing extender, it will not show up in the list of available WiFi networks. Thus, place your extender at a location where it can easily fetch WiFi signals from the router.
Obstacles are in the way of your extender
If there are certain WiFi-interfering devices located in between or close to your extender and router, then also you can experience Linksys extender not broadcasting SSID issue. For getting it fixed, simply keep both your router and extender away from the reach of such devices by choosing a higher location for them. Mounting the extender mid-way a wall can also help in avoiding signal interference, which usually caused by electronic devices, metal appliances, Bluetooth speakers, aluminum studs, reflexive surfaces, etc.
Check the connectivity
The trouble of Linksys Extender Not Broadcasting SSID can also be because of improper connections. For this, be sure your Linksys extender and router are rightly connected to their power outlets and acquiring a sufficient power supply.
Cross-check the configuration
Ensure that you have properly complete the Linksys extender setup. If your extender is partially or improperly configured, then also the Linksys Extender Not Broadcasting SSID issue can appear and hamper your internet experience.
Update WiFi network drivers on your system
Wireless network driver allows your system to communicate with your WiFi and network adapters. Just in case your Linksys Extender is not showing up SSID on your computer, it is plausibly due to the outdated or corrupted WiFi network drivers.
Change the wireless channel
If you feel that other devices are meddling with your Linksys extender’s signals, then changing the wireless channel is a simple yet effective way to reduce that interference, which probably also fix the issue SSID not showing issue for you.
Fix Linksys Extender Not Broadcasting SSID
If the reasons cited above are not the culprit behind the SSID not showing issue, give the following troubleshooting tips a try and check if you can get it fixed.
- Firstly, reboot the extender. Make sure when you plug in back the extender and turn it on, it shows green LED lights.
- If you have connected the extender wirelessly to your router, then it is the time choose for hardware option. Use an Ethernet cable to connect both the devices.
- Move the extender closer to the WiFi router. Also, check if the WiFi network option is hidden on your device. Though hiding a WiFi network is an effective way secure your internet from potential threats, however, it could result in the Linksys Extender Not showing up SSID on a device.
- If all your troubleshooting efforts are in vein and you are not able to fix the problem, perform Linksys extender reset. There could be an issue related to installation of the device of which you are unaware.
That’s all about it. Share with us which method helped you fix Linksys Extender Not Broadcasting SSID issue. If the WiFi network of your Linksys still doesn’t reveal in the network list and you are unable to cope up with the problem, feel free to get in touch with our technical experts for quick assistance.
- 5 Ghz WiFi not showing up
- How To Setup
- join wifi network
- Linksys ac1200 wifi range extender
- Linksys Access Point Setup
- Linksys bridge mode
- Linksys extender
- Linksys extender lights
- linksys extender no internet
- linksys extender setup
- Linksys range extender
- Linksys Router
- linksys router troubleshooting
- linksys router vpn
- linksys site survey
- Linksys Speed Test
- Linksys Velop Pro 7 Mesh WiFi
- Linksys Velop Setup
- Model Specific Issues
- New Linksys Range Extender
- password not working
- Routerlogin Net
- Troubleshooting Tips
- WiFi Extender