How to Perform Linksys Password Reset [Quick Guide]
- How To Setup
- Mitchell Hope
- March 17, 2021
Linksys WiFi range extenders boost the range and coverage of your existing wireless network. Thus, with the Linksys extender, you can enjoy an uninterrupted internet connection throughout your home. In order to secure the Linksys extender’s WiFi network, you need to change its default admin password. However, a majority of users forget the password after changing it and explore Google for their query, i.e. “how to do Linksys password reset”.
If you are also one of them, you have (luckily!) found the right post! Here, we will guide you through the complete process of Linksys extender password reset. Keep reading.
Linksys Password Reset
On the off chance if you want to reset your Linksys WiFi range extender’s password, you have to restore the default factory settings of your extender and then change the admin login password.
Basically, restore the default settings and change the extender’s password are two different processes. And you need to perform both of them. Let’s dive in.
Restore the Default Settings of Linksys Extender
Step 1 – Power on your Linksys wireless range extender. Ensure that it is properly plugged in and getting constant power from the wall socket.
Step 2 – Press and hold the Reset button on your extender.
Step 3 – Let the range extender reboot properly.
Quick Tip: You can also reset your extender via the default web-based Linksys extender setup page.
Done! That’s how you can restore the factory settings of your Linksys range extender. Now, you can log in to your WiFi extender using the default password. But, as we mentioned earlier, it is recommended to change the default admin password to make your extender’s network secure.
In the event that you face any difficulty during the Linksys password reset, feel free to get in touch with our highly-experienced technicians.
Change Linksys Extender Password
Once done with the Linksys password reset, walk through the instructions below to change your Linksys WiFi range extender’s admin default password:
- Place your Linksys extender in a neat and clean area of your home. Better, if you can place it away from interference-creating objects such as electronic appliances, reflexive surfaces, metal objects, and water resources (e.g. fish tanks).
- Now, power on your wireless range extender.
- Switch on your computer or laptop.
- Launch an internet browser of your choice. Ensure that the browser you use is running its latest version.
- Type the default admin login web address of your Linksys extender and press the Enter key.
- You will be taken to the login window.
- Insert the user ID and default password to proceed.
- Hit on the OK button to log in to your extender.
- Now, go to the Administration section.
- Enter the new password in the Extender Password field.
- Re-enter the password to confirm.
- Finally, click on the Save button.
Kudos! You have changed your Linksys extender’s admin password. Ensure to include special symbols and random numbers and alphabets in the new password. In case of any trouble with the Linksys password reset, contact our experts now and get instant Linksys troubleshooting tips from them.
- 5 Ghz WiFi not showing up
- How To Setup
- join wifi network
- Linksys ac1200 wifi range extender
- Linksys Access Point Setup
- Linksys bridge mode
- Linksys extender
- Linksys extender lights
- linksys extender no internet
- linksys extender setup
- Linksys range extender
- Linksys Router
- linksys site survey
- Linksys Speed Test
- Linksys Velop Setup
- Model Specific Issues
- New Linksys Range Extender
- password not working
- Routerlogin Net
- Troubleshooting Tips
- WiFi Extender